Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Flashback Friday: My Dollhouse



I recently read a post by Fallon at Sweetfancy (http://xxsweetfancyxx.blogspot.com/2010/06/welcome-to-dollhouse.html)about always wanting a dollhouse and deciding to put a vintage kit together. The picture of her dollhouse immediately brought back memories of one I had years ago. I remember when I started to put the kit together I couldn't stop. I was so anxious to see the completed building that I worked through the night into the morning to assemble it. I took pictures when I finished it and put the few pieces of dollhouse furniture in it that I had purchased. These pictures are old and taken that first day. I had done quite a bit more to the house over the years, a little at a time. I shingled the roof and even wired the house for lights, painted and wallpapered some walls and carpeted a room or two. When we bought our first home and moved from New York to Florida the dollhouse came with us, and I remember searching out a minitature dollhouse store and finally found one about a 45 minute drive from us. I would take a trip there at least once a month at first, but eventually decorating our real house, and raising my family took priority and the dollhouse fell by the wayside. I finally sold it at a garage sale, but I had it for several years and enjoyed working on it. I know I have more pictures of it once I had completed it, if I find them I will post them.

Flashback Friday Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin