Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Project Runway

I have to start by saying I am not one for high fashion. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy knowing what is in style but I wear what I like and what I am most comfortable in. I enjoy shows like "What Not To Wear" but I am sure Stacy and Clinton would have a field day with my clothing choices. Last night I enjoyed the season premiere of Project Runway. Though the show has been on the air for several seasons now, this is only my second season watching, and I love it. I feel bad saying it, but the girl who was eliminated last night was undoubtably the one to leave. The other designers were far and above her talents. The fact that she can design, and sew 4 garments in a specified time and under the pressure shows she has talent, but it needs to be cultivated a bit more. The twist on the challenge last night was to design an outfit that consisted of 75% of materials that they were able to grab from a specific restaurant in a 5 minute period. These designers trashed that restaurant grabbing curtains, placemats, table centerpieces, and even light fixtures. The designs were surprisingly good for the most part. One of the other garments they were to design was something to be worn on the red carpet and personally, I think that is what lost it for the girl that was sent home. I have to say that I admire each and every one of the designers and their talents after I attempted to sew a dress for my granddaughter. Let's just say sewing is not my forte.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin